Get Involved - Become a Volunteer or Intern
The various volunteer positions and internships listed below are not all emcompassing. There are many more opportunities to be involved in the Broome County Urban League. For any interest or questions you may have of the opportunities listed below or any others you would like to offer, please contact Jody Adams, Administrative Assistant, at email@example.com. or 607-723-7303 x.101.
Youth Services Opportunities
In the 3 types of volunteer opportunities available through the Youth and Family Services Program you will be able to engage directly with children within the Afterschool or summer programs under the supervision of the Broome County Urban League staff.
There are various ways to be involved:
- Short-term Volunteers can help facilitate youth programs already coordinated by BCUL staff such as Homework Help, Tutoring, Craft Projects, Setting up and clean up, Reading Programs, etc. up to 10-15 hours yearly.
- Program Volunteers are area clubs and associations that have a specific activity they are providing for the youth program participants such as BU student clubs providing a one-time only STEM workshop.
- Internships are credit bearing opportunities for university/college students to earn credit while gaining valuable experience working with BCUL staff for a minimum of 50-100 hours. This internship involves full participation within the Youth Afterschool and/or Summer Program.
BBAPI Pathways Training Program Opportunities
Do you have a specific expertise in a profession that you would like to share with our program participants, to help them engage employers in more meaningful ways or provide the inside scoop on an industry's particular needs?
Young Professionals Opportunity
Young Professionals group auxiliary that targets young professional’s ages 21-40, who want to make a difference, contribute to the progress of achieving equality, develop as a person, professional and leader, through our volunteerism, philanthropy and membership development activities.
Event Participation Opportunities
- Help plan a community event.
- Set up or Breakdown an event space.
- Help plan the annual dinner.
- Organize a fundraiser.
- Perform a musical act at an event.
- Obtain Donations and Raffle items.
Growth and Maintenance Opportunities
- Organize a Winter Coat drive.
- Gather Personal Care items for the Pantry.
- Create a new Clothing Bank service.
- Provide cleaning and/or landscaping services for the building.
- Provide rides for program participants.
- Create new Art to be shown at the office.