BROOME COUNTY URBAN LEAGUE CORONAVIRUS PROGRAMMING UPDATES
Dear Broome County Urban League Community:
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the Broome County Urban League wanted to assure our constituents that we are taking proactive measure to address this crisis.
It is our goal to provide a safe and healthy environment for our staff, board members, volunteers, clients and guests. As such, until further notice, the Broome County Urban League's office will be closed to the public. All programs and service delivery will be conducted virtually.
The BCUL Response Plan:
In keeping with the CDC’s three-tiered risk-assessment for community organizations, we will adhere to the following:
Level 1- Preparedness (Sporadic Transmission Level)
BCUL Response: Monitoring and Education
- Inform staff and the general public regarding the level of threat to our local community along with preventative measures;
- Engage in workplace illness prevention for employees by encouraging common-sense health precautions recommended by CDC;
- Increase the frequency of office cleanings.
Level 2 - Minimal/Moderate (Cluster Transmission Level)
BCUL Response: Social Distancing
- Implement a "social distancing" policy that will stop or slow the spread of highly contagious diseases. Our social distancing response may include reduced exposure to high-traffic events and limited attendance at community gatherings and events;
- Expand access for team members to work remotely;
- Prepare team members and the community for the potential transition to a virtual service delivery model (Level 3), which may include canceling face-to-face meetings, events and case management.
Level 3 - Substantial (Population Transmission Level)
BCUL Response: Virtual Service Delivery
- The Broome County Urban League's office will close to the public. Programs and service delivery will be conducted virtually.
If you have any questions about how this will affect you or the services you receive from the BCUL, please send us an email or call 607-217-7891